University of Oregon
- Bachelor of Arts in Public Relations and Political Science
- Minor in Communication Studies June 2010
- Robert D. Clark Honors College
- Magna Cum Laude
Account Executive, Waggener Edstrom Worldwide, Portland, Ore.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with media to secure coverage
- Managing product announcements and reactive issues from strategy to execution
- Creating core internal and external content, messaging and digital assets
- Monitoring and researching industry landscape and media coverage to inform strategy
- Anticipating PR challenges and proactively proposing solutions to mitigate issues
- Supported worldwide communications campaign for launch of Windows 8
Assistant Firm Director, Allen Hall Public Relations, Eugene, Ore.
June 2009-June 2010
- Managed internal communication for full-service public relations firm
- Developed and implemented agency workshops to continue the development of skills and professionalism
- Edited all outgoing client work
- Oversaw agency grow from five to 11 clients and 12 to 45 staff members
- Managed agency website and blog
Public Affairs Intern, Fred Meyer Stores, Portland, Ore.
June 2009-Sep. 2009
- Developed and began implementing corporate public relations plan
- Assisted with event coordination and media relations for store remodel
- Crafted press releases and followed up with media
- Wrote fall trend blog articles for social media campaign
Account Supervisor, Allen Hall Public Relations, Eugene, Ore.
Jan. 2009-June 2009
- Supervised a three-person account team for an art museum
- Planned and held the museum’s first student event; 250 attendees
- Created a public relations plan for 2009-2010
Real Estate Broker, Keller Williams Realty, Corvallis, Ore.
June 2007-Jan. 2009
- Represented home buyers in real estate transactions
- Coordinated transactions with brokers, escrow officers and lenders
Marketing Coordinator, Keller Williams Realty, Corvallis, Ore.
July 2004-Aug. 2006
- Created real estate advertisements
- Maintained three websites
- Managed office operations for a five-person real estate team
- Produced brochures, fliers and mass mailings on a regular basis
AWARDS, SCHOLARSHIPS & MEMBERSHIPS
PR Duck Award June 2010
- Award given to one outstanding graduating public relations student
Phi Beta Kappa June 2010-present
- Oldest honor society in the U.S.
Rich Jernstedt Scholarship May 2009
- $5000 scholarship given to the top student in public relations
Centurion Award May 2009
- Given to 100 undergraduate students for leadership and service
Kappa Tau Alpha: National Journalism Honor Society April 2009
UO Presidential Scholarship Sep. 2006-present
- Full scholarship given to the top 60 (1.5%) Oregon Freshmen
Pi Sigma Alpha: National Political Science Honor Society Jan. 2009
Future First Citizen of Corvallis Jan. 2006
Skilled in media relations and strategic communications
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Skilled in social media marketing and strategy
Familiar with Search Engine Optimization